What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, inspiring, and radiate positivity.
The Rules are:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
• Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
• Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
Here are my answers for the 11 questions given:
1. Why did you start blogging from the beginning?
I got my start as a blogger back in 2010. At the time I worked closely with local musicians and was looking for a way to promote their music. Not long after that, I was interviewing some bigger known names in the rap industry and eventually got published in a magazine. Once I realized I could help authors in the same way, I started this blog to help promote their books and talk about what impact they have had on my life.
2. Is your blog a hobby or does it bring you an income?
My blog is a total hobby. Unless you consider getting paid in ARC copies of books? Which I totally do.
3. If you won 1 million dollars what would you do with the money?
I mean I’d love to pay off mine and my families debt and then you know, buy all the books. And then maybe a house with a library for said books.
4. What is your dream job?
My dream job was to be a pastry chef and I got to do that for a couple of years. It was awesome! Unfortunately I became too ill to keep up with it and my own business as a cake decorator. So while it was a short lived experience, it’s one I’m extremely grateful for.
5. What is a perfect date for you?
I love going to the beach but our weather here doesn’t seem to be the best for it. My wife and I tend to go to our favorite dive bar where we shoot pool, throw darts and karaoke. We always have a blast.
6. What is your favorite food?
I mentioned I was a pastry chef right? So if it’s sweet, I probably love it. Although one of my favorites is a chocolate pâté with an orange coulis.
7. If you could change one thing in your past what would you change?
I can’t say I’d change much because everything I’ve done has made me who I am today and I actually love me. I’ve learned a lot about who I am and it’s allowed me to lead a life with my authentic self totally bare for everyone to see. Life isn’t perfect but damn it’s good.
8. What is your blogging goal for 2018?
My goal this year has been to just interact with new people with shared interests. Making meaningful relationships always matters more than numbers. The old cliché “quality over quantity” totally applies.
9. Do you prefer reading a book or watching a movie?
I always prefer reading and that means I’m a days weeks behind on all my favorite shows.
10. What is your life goals for 2018?
My biggest goal this year is learning how to navigate our new family dynamic which is…..drum roll please …. homeschooling. Yikes!
11. Where do you get your inspiration for your blog?
Since my blog is almost all about books…my inspiration comes from … inspiration. I say that because books are an author’s baby. There’s so much hard work there and the inspiration that they find and put into words, on a page for others to read…that is inspiration. It’s all I need to write a blog post to help represent them.
And here are my nominees:
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Where do you write the majority of your blog posts from?
2. How long does it typically take you to write a post? Edit it?
3. What is your go to drink or snack while writing?
4. What inspired you to start your blog?
5. What is your five year plan?
6. If you were to write an autobiography what would the title be?
7. What are your guilty pleasures?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would you like to meet?
10. How long have you been blogging?
11. What do you do when you are not blogging?
Well that’s it for me! I hope you guys enjoyed this little sneak peak into my life and I can’t wait to read about the other bloggers and what they have to say.